Salman Khan blackbuck poaching case has been dragging for over 20 years now. The Jodhpur Chief Judicial Magistrate Cour, today, adjourned the hearing till April 1, yet again.
Besides Salman, actor Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Sonali Bendre and Tabu were also accused in the same case. However, they refused to produce any evidence in their defense in the court earlier and pleaded innocence.
Earlier this year in January, Salman had expressed his desire to produce evidence in his defense. However, in a later hearing, Khan’s lawyer apparently refused to provide any evidence claiming that all of it had already been produced in the court. During the hearing, while pleading innocence, Salman told the court that he in fact never went for poaching due to security reasons during the shoot of the film.
This happened during the shooting of Sooraj Barjatya’s film Hum Saath Saath Hain. Salman had allegedly gone hunting with his co-stars Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Sonali Bendre and Tabu. During this, it was alleged that the actor had shot two black bucks dead, near Kankani village in Rajasthan.
The local Bishnoi community then filed a complaint regarding this claiming that they worship these animals.
Apart from this, the Dabangg Khan has in the past faced several charges including the hit and run case. The actor was, however, acquitted with regards to the said case.
Salman in an interview earlier had said that he hs been falsely implicated and was innocent.
Well, will he be acquitted by the Court yet again? We’ll have to wait and watch!